Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Twitter Essay; 9/30/08

It’s hard to believe the first 4 weeks of the new TT contest and the 4 week Twitter contest are already over. They almost literally flew by at warp speed.
So the standing question is what did it mean to me? …and/or what did I learn from it?… about myself both physically and otherwise.

One particular thing stands out in my mind is incredible sense of focus you can have on a certain goal which is intensified when you include the fact that you have a group of people working toward their own similar goal and coaching and cheering you on as you all move together. It’s a great feeling to be part of the group and adds even more fuel to your fire.

I felt a sense of focus earlier this year when I was working alone, applying TT and building a better me … but participating more jointly with the group and working together has made the last 4 weeks intently more enjoyable and satisfying. I hope that the “tweets” will hang together throughout the remainder of the contest and beyond. It’s great motivation through the day even though I don’t get to “chirp” in that often. It’s nice to come home and catch up with everyone.

Physically, I feel more challenged than ever. We all have a certain mindset of where we’d like to be…what we’d like to look like. The TT programs have already proven to be the tool I need. Now it’s up to me to apply myself more … learning more... and rest allot more! Considering my crazy schedule, this contest really brings the time management aspect of my life into focus.

As a matter of fact, today’s quote from Dax Moy was exactly about that…time management. Filling your day with unproductive things…actions. What do you do on a daily basis and why? If the actions don’t have a purpose…why are you doing it? That really brings it home for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment